Foodie Friday

Follow my blog with Bloglovin


Hey everyone! Happy Friday!!  I wanted to switch things up a bit today and give you one of my favorite recipes.  I found this wonderful recipe in one of my favorite books called The Eat-Clean Diet Cookbook by Tosca Reno.  I can't remember how I came upon her books but I must say, I really do like them ... we have made multiple recipes from them and I have really liked everyone of them.  This one in peticular is super easy, no skill required really, all you do is mix the wet ingredients with dry and bake and away you go.   The Hubby loves these and they are so handy to have around the house as a quick snack, oh, and did I tell you they are healthy protein bars?!?!  Yuppers, they sure are and they even have a little dark chocolate in them to get that sweet tooth if you have one like I do!



this is everything you will need to make the bars


chopped up dark chocolate pieces


all of the dry ingredients


the two bowls of wet and dry ingredients


everything mixed together


in the pan and ready to go in the oven


the finished product!

And here is the recipe, hope you like them ... let me know what you think if you do give them a try.

1 Cup Whey or Soy Protein Powder ( I like using whey powder better)
1/2 cup quinoa, amaranth, millet, spelt or kamut flour (I like using amaranth flour)
2 cups rolled oats (NOT instant)
1/2 cup oat bran
1/2 coarsely chopped flax seed
1/2 cup wheat germ
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 nutmeg
1/2 cup agave nectar
1 cup dark chocolate chopped
1 1/2 to 2 cups yogurt cheese ( I can never find this and I don't want to make it so I use whole greek yogurt and it works great!)
1/4 canola oil
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp vanilla ... I use a little bit more I love the taste!

Preheat oven to 350 F / coat a 9x13 baking pan with cooking spray ( I use olive oil spray)


Mix protein powder, flour, oats, oat bran, flax seeds, wheat germ, sea salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, agave nectar, and broken chocolate pieces.

In another bowl mix yogurt cheese ( you greek yogurt), oils and vanilla. Mix well.  Add yogurt cheese mixture to dry ingredients.  Use your clean bare hands to combine these well, coat hands in olive oil to prevent from sticking.

Place mixture in pan and press it down to even out the top.  Bake on middle rack in oven for 15 minutes.  Remove from the oven and let cool.  When cooled cut the dough into bars (I find them pretty filling so I don't cute them too big).  Take the bars out of the pan and place on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper and bake again for another 15 minutes.  Remove from the oven and transfer to wire cooling rack and let completely cool.  When all is said and done I store my bars in the fridge in a plastic container ... they last a least a week or so.

Hope you enjoy!

7 comments:

  1. FYI yogurt cheese is the kind they market for toddler only it just says yogurt on ot. You really have to read all the print to find that ir is yogurt cheese....hope this helps in the yogurt cheese mystery.

    Oh an I'm heading to the store to get the stuff. Can't wait to try these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so amazing!

    xoxo,

    colormenana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They sound interesting. I might have to give these a try.

    *Erin

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look amazing and I can't believe how healthy they are! I'm definitely going to have to try to make them soon. Thanks for sharing :)
    xox,
    Cee

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG they look amazing!! I might try this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this looks fantastic! i'll be making these over my long weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, so please feel free to tell me what ya think!